Home | Schedule | Pathfinder Society | Articles | Downloads | Campaigns | Account | Upload Sheet | Admin
Combat Assistant v2
Combat Assistant (CA) is a utility programmed by Ballig to facilitate RPG combat online (specifically, while playing in an IRC chat room). Download the latest version by using the links below.
CA is always under development and there will sometimes be bugs. Please let someone know if there are bugs and, if possible, how to reproduce them. You can also request feature additions but keep in mind that the idea behind CA is that it is an ancillary program designed to augment your online gaming, as opposed to other programs that are designed to be everything you need. Some feature requests may be rejected solely on the basis of "that's not what CA is".
Recent change log:
- The problem with images sometimes not downloading properly should be fixed.
- A few bug fixes.
- Added web server support - if you are unable to forward ports, you can now listen/connect using a web server script.
- Fixed some potential memory leaks.
- Pinpointed the code that was causing CA to use an entire processor - please let me know if the grid does anything funky, like not get updated.
Recent change log:
- Added background offsets.
- Tab names are now sent to the client.
- A host can cancel all uploads or a client can cancel any downloads.
- Background images can be sent directly to clients from a local file or a URI can be sent for the clients to download the image.
- Fixed a bug where lines were sending the host's margin with them and displaying incorrectly to some clients.
- Added statusbar text for some toolbar buttons which did not have any.
- Added a toolbar button for the resync function.
- All grid settings are now in the one dialogue, split into 'host' and 'local'.
- The cell size can now be easily adjusted from the offset dialogue to line up with a background image.
- Right clicking a tab will open the rename input. Middle clicking will close the tab. Right clicking on the tab bar will re-open the last closed tab.
- (Hopefully) fixed a bug where local setting for cell size was overriding host setting even when the override option was off.
- The host can now change the way the grid line is drawn for the client, including turning the grid off.
- Blast and cone templates have been added. These can be overlayed on the grid.
Recent change log:
- Fixed a minor #ifdef WINDOWS issue.
- Significantly decreased the likelihood of a collision between images or sounds.
- Fixed a possible issue with long host names.
- Fixed an issue with background images that had a greater height than width.
- Added more Windows checks.
Combat Assistant v1
An older version of CA programmed in the Python programming language.
CA v1.59 (Windows)
CA v1.58 to v1.59 update (Windows)
CA v1.59 (Mac OS X)
CA v1.59 (Systems with Python 2.3+ and TwistedMatrix)
CA v1.59 source (original Python source code)
Pathfinder Character Sheet PDF
This PDF allows you to fill out your character sheet in a more traditional (but still electronic) way. This sheet is printable. Using the "Submit Sheet" button will let you upload the character sheet to this website. You will be asked for your website username and password, and the number of the character to upload the sheet to (find this on the URL of the character page). If your PDF reader tells you that the form has not submitted correctly, check the website anyway to see if it has uploaded.
If you have a previous version of this PDF you may be able to EXPORT the form data as a *.fdf file and then import it to the new PDF.
In order for this PDF character sheet to upload your information to the website, you will need to use Foxit Reader. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND you use Foxit as it is a superior, lightweight, full-featured PDF reader with fewer restrictions. And tabs. Everyone loves some tabs.
Character Sheet Templates
The website uses text format for character sheets. It is very open-ended by design and people are free to come up with whatever form they like, but below are templates used commonly by the channel regulars.